This Course is Now Full
Registration for the January Session opens November 23rd at 9am Pacific Time.
Note: Supplies are sold separately. See details below on how to purchase a supply kit for this workshop or view the supply list to build your own.
Learn to build a range of indigo vats including organic vats made with fruits, the iron vat, and vats made with plants. Learn a wealth of introductory and advanced shaped resist techniques on silk, linen, and cotton. Learn how to handle materials in the dye vat to get the most from indigo.
In this workshop students will be taken, step-by-step, through the process of making a number of indigo vats, including three organic "fruit vats." Students will learn not only how to make a vat but also how to maintain it, revive it, and put it to bed. The different vats will be explored through the use of many forms of shaped resist - including bound, clamp and stitch resist. An astonishing array of patterning is possible through these techniques. Students will learn how to adjust vats for different fibre types and conditions.
This workshop is designed to work for you wherever you are in the world. New content becomes available each week over the course of 8 weeks and will remain available for 3 years from the date of purchase. The last module of the workshop will include one live zoom event.
Included in the Workshop:
• Over 40 detailed instructional videos.
• Concise written instructions and recipes along with downloadable PDFs.
• Access to a robust Q&A section with instructors answering questions 3x a week.
• One live Zoom event to wrap up the workshop and inspire you on your journey.
• All shaped resist techniques shown with clear, step by step instructions.
• Works taken from blank cloth to finished piece so you can see the entire process.
• An in-depth explanation of the chemistry of indigo extraction and indigo vats so you can learn how and why they work.
• Discover why indigo is the worlds most magical dye.
For more detailed information view our Frequently Asked Questions.
*COURSES ARE PRICED IN US DOLLARS TO PERMIT PAYPAL AND EPAYMENTS THROUGH TEACHABLE.