This session is now full.
Next registration opens December 5, 2022 at 9am (pacific time)
Throughout history, the ability to print on cloth has created some of the world’s most desirable textiles. The ability to deliver rich, saturated, natural dyes through the use of brushes, blocks, stencils and pens is a powerful skill.
Together, instructors Sophena Kwon and Danielle Bush will lead students through making mordant pastes, thickened dye pastes, and the versatile mordant-dye paste. Learn about the dramatic contrasts available from ferrous and tannin combinations. The class will also use print and paint techniques to selectively remove mordants - thus creating an absence of colour when pieces are immersion dyed.
This creative and colourful workshop takes natural dyes to the next level.
This workshop is designed to work for you wherever you are in the world. New content becomes available each week over the course of 9 weeks and will remain available for 3 years from the date of purchase. The last module of the workshop will include one live zoom event.
Included in the Workshop:
• Over 40 detailed instructional videos.
• Over 25 demonstration projects
• Access to a robust Q&A section with instructors answering questions 3x a week.
• Preparation of dye extracts, mordant, and printing pastes with clear, step by step instructions.
• Works taken from blank cloth to finished piece so you can see the entire process.
• One live Zoom event to wrap up the workshop and inspire you on your journey.
For more detailed information view our Frequently Asked Questions.
*COURSES ARE PRICED IN US DOLLARS TO PERMIT PAYPAL AND E-PAYMENTS THROUGH TEACHABLE.
NOTE: SUPPLIES ARE SOLD SEPARATELY. SEE DETAILS BELOW ON HOW TO PURCHASE A SUPPLY KIT FOR THIS WORKSHOP OR VIEW THE SUPPLY LIST TO BUILD YOUR OWN.