This course is closed for enrollment.
Please visit OUR HOMEPAGE for the next registration.
Learn the process of making both pigmented and non-pigmented inks, including classics like iron gall ink as well as inks made from natural dyes like cochineal and lake pigments like weld.
In this workshop students will make a range of inks including water soluble and waterproof inks. The workshop will explore papers, and the basis of pointed pen (flexible) writing. Students will learn how to generalize the procedure of ink making so that it may be applied to any organic or mineral matter. The workshop will also present a discussion of journaling, writing, books, and creativity.
This workshop is designed to work for you wherever you are in the world. New content becomes available each week over the course of 9 weeks and will remain available for 3 years from the date of purchase. The last module of the workshop will include one live zoom event.
Included in the Workshop:
• 21 documentary-style instructional videos.
• Concise written instructions and recipes along with downloadable PDFs.
• Access to a robust Q&A section with instructors answering questions 3x a week.
• One live Zoom event to wrap up the workshop and inspire you on your journey.
• Work with a range of materials including indigo, carbon black, cochineal, weld, gum Arabic and shellac.
• Learn about ink making as a way to explore materials.
• Consider the history of writing and ink and the future of your own creative practice.
For more detailed information view our Frequently Asked Questions.
*COURSES ARE PRICED IN US DOLLARS TO PERMIT PAYPAL AND E-PAYMENTS THROUGH TEACHABLE.
NOTE: SUPPLIES ARE SOLD SEPARATELY. SEE DETAILS BELOW ON HOW TO PURCHASE A SUPPLY KIT FOR THIS WORKSHOP OR VIEW THE SUPPLY LIST TO BUILD YOUR OWN.