Next registration opens August 14th at 9am (pacific time)
Workshop begins on May 1, 2023 and runs for 10 weeks.
Learn to successfully mordant cellulose and protein fibres. Work with cloth and yarns to achieve vibrant, clear colours using classic natural dyes.
In this workshop students will make over 18 separate dye-baths on a variety of fibre types (including wool, cotton, linen, silk, and hemp/cotton). The results will be shifted with iron and indigo for a complex palette. Exhaust baths will be used and these will also be shifted with a modified indigo vat. Students will receive an introduction to shaped resist and indigo dyeing. Throughout the course students will receive professional instruction from Maiwa founder Charllotte Kwon and her daughter Sophena Kwon.
This workshop is designed to work for you wherever you are in the world. New content becomes available each week over the course of 10 weeks and will remain available for 3 years from the date of purchase. The last module of the workshop will include one live zoom event.
Included in the Workshop:
• 45 evocative instructional videos.
• Concise written instructions and recipes along with downloadable PDFs.
• Access to a robust Q&A section with instructors answering questions 3x a week.
• One live Zoom event to wrap up the workshop and inspire you on your journey with natural dyes.
• Work with 11 natural dyes including indigo.
• Build dyepots from 18 recipes.
• Shift colours with iron and overdye with indigo.
• Complete the course with close to 100 different colours ... and a whole new appreciation for the magic of natural dyes.
For more detailed information view our Frequently Asked Questions.
*COURSES ARE PRICED IN US DOLLARS TO PERMIT PAYPAL AND E-PAYMENTS THROUGH TEACHABLE.
NOTE: SUPPLIES ARE SOLD SEPARATELY. SEE DETAILS BELOW ON HOW TO PURCHASE A SUPPLY KIT FOR THIS WORKSHOP OR VIEW THE SUPPLY LIST TO BUILD YOUR OWN.